Thursday, June 07, 2007

Gisele Knows No Virgins



Supermodel, Gisele Bundchen, believes the church should change its views because "no one is a virgin" anymore and contraception is necessary to stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

Gisele told Brazil's Folha de S. Paulo newspaper: "Their view of contraception is out of date because it was adopted when the women were virgins, the guys were virgins.

"Today, no one is a virgin when they get married. To prohibit condoms is ridiculous, just think of all the diseases transmitted without them. How is it possible to not want people to use condoms and also not have abortions? It's impossible, I'm sorry."

Her comments come less than a month after Pope Benedict XVI criticised government-sanctioned abortion laws and birth control during a five-day visit to Brazil, the most highly populated Roman Catholic country in the world.

Though most abortions are banned in Brazil, the government gave out more over 300 million free condoms a year to combat the spread of AIDS and unwanted pregnancies.

source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I don't agree with everything that the church has to say, and I certainly believe condoms should be widely distributed to help in Aids prevention, I think Gisele should shut her mouth about her belief that no one is a virgin anymore when they marry. There are still many young people that try to do the right thing and hold out till marriage. Gisele is a model/celebrity and like all celebs, she moves in circles where no one has any morals, self-respect or self-restraint.

conversative.american.gal said...

While Ms. Bundchen believes there are no virgins in the world, I am here to say that there are. I, and others like myself, have made the conscience choice to remain abstinent until marriage. I am 20 years old and have not, in any way shape or form, had sexual intercourse and am not apologetic about having did so.

Mr. Bundchen’s believe that there are no virgins in a testament that she is uninformed. This simply illustrates that celebrities believe their moral assumptions are how the rest of the world thinks. Sorry to inform, but this is simply not true. Just because Hollywood believes there is nothing wrong with having sex before marriage or having multiple partners, there are people in the world, including in the United States, that have remained virgins.

If Ms. Bundchen wants to see a virgin, I’ll gladly go myself. One not enough? I’m sure several of my friends wouldn’t mind coming, either. Don’t believe people remain virgins until marriage? I can name several married couples off hand that have.

Ms. Bundchen, please do research before slamming the Pope and exclaiming, as fact, that no one remains a virgin until marriage. I am PROUD to be a virgin and it is very distasteful to myself and others to hear someone, such as yourself, proclaiming that there are no virgins in the world.

While popular culture may not believe someone's virginity is sacred, I, and other, do.