Monday, September 03, 2007

Owen Wilson: Still Alive, Still Funny



Owen Wilson has canceled appearances at the Venice Film Festival but is "doing well" and "making us laugh a lot," says his longtime friend, Wes Anderson.

"When he's ready he's going to speak for himself much better than anyone else could," Anderson told reporters in Venice on Sunday. "He has a very good way with words."

Wilson, 38, was hospitalized Aug. 26 after what a police log called an apparent attempted suicide. He returned home over the weekend under close watch by family and friends.

Anderson was in Venice promoting the film he directed, The Darjeeling Limited, featuring Wilson with Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman as three brothers taking a train trip across India. Wilson originally was due to appear in Venice.

"I just want you to know how excited I am to have the film showing here," Anderson said at a press conference. "It means a great deal to me, and it also means a great deal to Owen, who wants me to express to you how much it means to him and to say that he wishes he could be with us."

Anderson added: "We all miss having him here very much. Obviously he's been through a lot this week but he's doing well and he's been making us laugh a lot."

source - People



Poor Owen was snapped by the paps (X17), while arriving home from the hospital yesterday. Hope the camera hounds can leave the guy alone for awhile. And hot damn is he looking rough. I even feel bad posting this revealing photo. It's just so depressing. I'd love the chance to cheer the guy up, let me tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a person who has spent my life battling genetic suicidal depression, I really feel for this guy. I may not know him personally but have sympathy for him anyway. Serious depression is utterly devastating to its victims and in spite of all the advances in psychiatric medicine, not all types of depression can be adequately treated. I hope he hangs in there; it's my belief that eventually there will be treatment that is vastly improved over what is currently available.