Friday, May 25, 2007

When The Other Woman Is Tori Spelling


How heartbreaking to be dumped for Tori Spelling. That's exactly what Dean McDermott did, only months after adopting a daughter with wife number one, Mary-Jo Eustace.

Eustace has written about the moment her husband told her he was leaving in The Other Woman, a new anthology featuring stories from 21 women about love and betrayal.

The mother of two spoke to PEOPLE about her decision to go public. "The experience is so overwhelming, and I am a writer," says Eustace, 45, who also penned a comedy script based on her experience. "I needed some sort of outlet."

She says that, despite rumors she was planning to write a tell-all book, that was never the plan: "I've done some talks about divorce and the grieving process and relating to other women, and that's what I was interested in, not dishing on anything I happened to have found out throughout this experience."

When Dean called me from the set [of his TV movie], he told me how great he was getting along with his costar Tori Spelling. She was fun, caring and much hotter in real life. I assumed this was good. Before he left, jokes flew at the prospect of working with the daughter of a Hollywood mogul. I suggested he befriend her. "Who knows?" I laughed. It might be good for his career.

Now here he is, back. We're on vacation and I'm wearing my bikini with saggy faded bottoms. I know something is wrong. "Have you met someone?" I ask. He nods yes. "Is it Tori Spelling?" He nods. "We're soulmates," he says. "She loves me unconditionally."

"What conditions?" I scream. "You've only known each other three weeks."

I look down at my baby daughter. "We just adopted a baby." The phrase single mother pops up in my brain. I start to feel weightless as I cross the divide between together and alone.

"I'm not leaving the kids," he says. "I'm leaving you." I begin to sob. I actually begin to worry that maybe it's all because I look fat. Maybe he was undecided, and this dreadful bikini sealed the deal.

Trust me, Mary-Jo is hilarious. She co-hosted a cooking show, What's For Dinner?, here in Canada with her little best-gay, Ken Kostick. They always cracked me up. I am a true faghag and so is Mary-Jo. The pair now host a morning radio show out of Toronto on Proud FM, Canada's first mainstream radio station aimed solely at gay and lesbian listeners.

MJ has to be more stimulating to talk to than Tori, but she didn't have the cleavage Dean is so obviously into. Dean did get a bit of what he deserved when the daughter of a rich Hollywood mogul was left with under a million when Tori's father Aaron Spelling passed away, not long after their engagement. I guess Tori's still got the breasts, although hideous, he seems to enjoy them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have a huge, huge problem with homewreckers. Tori Spelling is one of them. No married person has a guarantee that their spouse will love them forever. But every married person deserves the dignity of not having their spouse screw around on them. No where in a person's wedding vows does it say, "I promise to be true to you until some new piece of rear comes along." Dean is a jerk and Tori Spelling is a piece of trash with fake tits. One day, he will do the same thing to her. Only then will she have any sympathy for what she put Dean's first wife through.

Kat Gordon said...

I was disgusted when Tori Spelling and Dean had such a huge lavish wedding, somehow missing the point that they had shown such disregard for matrimony in the first place. Even worse, the children in Dean's marriage were completely disregarded in his decision to ditch his family and create a new one with Tori. I guarantee it that this couple will be divorced within five years and probably won't even have the self-awareness to understand that they behaved like entitled children.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Tori and Dean didn't have a huge lavish wedding - it was only the two of them and witnesses on a beach out of the country. She did have a big wedding with her first husband, though - maybe that is what you are thinking of.

They may not have handled the situation of leaving their spouses very well, but it's obvious that they are in love and I wish them only the best!!

chrissym said...

I have a "huge problem" with people who think that they know people so well. Especially people whom they have never met. Just because they see them on TV or read an article about them, doesn't mean you have one clue what goes on behind closed doors. We have no idea what the heck happened between Dean and Mary Jo. I watch Tori and Dean a lot and what they allow us to see is a just 1/16th of what their relationship is really like. It's so easy to sit back and judge people like Tori. It's much harder to try to understand that YOU yourself are full of imperfections and should probably try to work on them rather than point at others and play prosecutor, judge and jury. Get a life of your own!!!