Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tour de Lance



Jake Gyllenhaal has joined Lance Armstrong in France to take in the Tour de France. "We became friends just recently, a couple of months ago," Gyllenhaal told The Associated Press. "He's a pretty straightforward guy. He called me the other day and said like, 'You want to go riding?" (heh)

Keeping up with Armstrong in the French Alps proved successful at first - until the Texan started pedalling faster. "When we first started riding it was pure adrenalin that kept me going," Gyllenhaal said. "Then, up the hill, across the way, you could see him like a plane in the sky, he was moving so fast."

Gyllenhaal, who took up cycling seriously three months ago as training for a new film, is pretty happy so far with the coaching he's getting. "I just learn from Lance every day, the tips I get," he said. "I have never pushed myself so hard as I do with him."

Not too hard, ok Jake?

The pair also found time to share a mutual passion - drinking beer. "That's been the primary training," Gyllenhall joked. They plan to go to Armstrong's seaside villa in Nice, where Gyllenhaal says they will "hang out by the ocean."

These two are sharing the love. I wonder if Matthew will hook up with them in Nice?

source - ohnotheydidnt

1 comment:

LA said...

Nice you say? I can be there in 24 hours! I'm on my way, guys!