Thursday, April 03, 2008

No Brakes For You!


Jerry Seinfeld was driving solo at 7:40 p.m., when the brakes on the sedan malfunctioned, East Hampton Town Police Chief, Todd Sarris told the New York Post.

The 53-year-old reportedly tried the emergency brake and – when that failed – swerved to keep the vehicle from careening into an intersection.

The two-door, 1967 Fiat BTM flipped over before coming to a halt just yards from the highway, Sarris said, adding that Seinfeld's maneuver "probably avoided a very serious accident."

"He was a little shocked when he walked in and it started to dawn on him what happened," his wife, Jessica, told the Post. "It could have been a lot worse, obviously, and thank God it wasn't. He's fine."

"Because I know there are kids out there, I want to make sure they all know that driving without braking is not something I recommend, unless you have professional clown training or a comedy background, as I do," Jerry told the newspaper. "It is not something I plan to make a habit."


5 comments:

LA said...

I wonder if that gold-digging wife of his had anything to do with this.

It's Barbie, Bitch said...

Ooooh! Good call, La!

(Do you think you might have been watching a few too many Lana Turner movies, though?)

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what I was thinking.....bet she had something to do with it!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol!! that is hilarious... but then why does it make me feel so uncomfortable????????,

Anonymous said...

Pretty lucky for not being Irish!