Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Goods - And A Contest

This weeks Goods come to you from MAC Cosmetics and their new 2008 Spring line.

MAC has teamed up with Parisian graffiti artist Fafi, who spray paints colourful cartoons of urban girls. Her art is the focus of this limited-edition line, which fuses girly illustrations with sleek black packaging.

If you want to check it all out, visit http://www.macfafi.com/.



This collection hit the streets last week and I have some of it to give away!!!

What I want from you is a good story. The best story about a recent bad or embarrassing day will win. I've had a bunch of these lately, and I'm hoping your stories will pick me up. Yesterday while trying to dress my daughter, she was horsing around and hit my mouth with her head. She chipped my front tooth! I was FREAKING out. Spent my tiny bit of free time in a dentists chair having my two front teeth filed down. I'll never smile the same again. I lost a good 1/8th of my chiclet! I am so pissed! I'll never forget yesterday. It was the day my child altered my smile for life! I'm just thankful I didn't have to get veneers or something. And yes, her head is fine!

Enough about me....... now it's your turn.

Winning entry will receive:

1 - Fafi: Lipstick, $16.50 CAD - A specially shaded Lipstick featuring a colourful Fafinette on the shiny black case. Limited edition. In High Top (glaze): a grey purple with blue pearl.

1 - Fafi: Lipglass, $16.50 CAD - A specially shaded Lipglass featuring a colourful Fafinette on the shiny black cap. Limited edition. In Squeeze It (frost): a brassy plum.

2 - Paint Pots, $20.00 CAD each - A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The next generation of a popular M·A·C formula, Paint Pots maintains all the traits of its inspiration. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners. In Nice Vice (frost): a dirty purple with purple pearl, AND in Layin' Low (cream): a creamy beige.

That's 4 pieces of amazing MAC makeup!

By this time next week I'll pick a winner. I may enlist the help of you, my readers. Winner will email me their address and I will send it out to you.

I'll even let you tell two stories...... if they're good.

There will be more MAC for contesting if this goes well. Have fun!

8 comments:

Leisa said...

I can't believe no one wants to enter..... sigh. :(

Come one people! Just this month I've told you about my hairy legs AND now my chipped tooth.

Time to share a little.....

elizabeth said...

Okay, here's a painful one. I do have more embarassing and other.
I just got married and for our first Thanksgiving my husband and I were invited to his parents for dinner. All I had to do was bring 15pounds of mashed potatoes. I was half way into peeling them with my new, baby pink, kitchen aid, hand peeler when I came across an awkward shaped potato. I moved it around and began peeling hard towards myself. My hands were slippery from potato juices and as I went to peel into a divot on the potato, I slipped and peeled a large chunk of flesh out of the side of my thumb instead. It bled everywhere and I immediately started crying from the pain. Not only was I hurt, I was ruining my eye makeup. My husband bandaged me up and I went back to work on the potatoes, having only 35 minutes to finish them. When It came time to mash, I had to use a 3 speed hand mixer. Without thinking, I used to the hand that I had just gouged and in the middle of getting all the lumps out I noticed blood dripping down the handle of the mixer. My bandage had completely soaked through. My husband got his first aid kit out again and this time used a silly amount of gauze, causing my thumb to look like one of those swollen cartoon thumbs. Luckily, no blood in the potatoes. On our way to my Mother-in-law's house we decided to get a latte' from a coffee stand. While waiting in line, my thumb started to throb and bleed through all the gauze. I held my other hand underneath it to catch the blood. My husband looked for napkins in the car but there were none. When we got up to the coffee window my hand was full of blood and the barista laughed at us. Once we arrived at the house I had to explain over and over again how I had peeled my thumb with my pretty new pink peeler. It has now been 3 months since thanksgiving and when I touch the top of the gnarly, red-purple scar it is completely numb. When I touch the bottom of the scar (it's about the length of my entire thumb), my fingernail hurts. Somehow I nicked a nerve. Embarrassing and painful.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so let me preface by saying that all mom's know that when your prego, if you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go....NOW!!!

I HATE public restrooms to begin with, but during the holidays they are extra crowded and stinky....my worst nightmare. So, my four year old daughter and I are doing some last minute shopping. And it just hit me....I had to pee, now! So we bust it the restroom, which of course has a line. I'm waiting for the big handicap stall to open because I have tons of packages, a four year old and a huge,fat 37 week pregnant belly. The second we get in there, my daughter starts talking very loudly about how stinky it is and how it smells like poop....blah, blah, blah. So, I sit down to pee and all the sudden realized I had to go #2. (sorry people!) You know, us girls can poop as fast as we pee, so I didn't think it would be a big deal and no one would know. I do my business, stand up to flush and my daughter leans over the toilet and as loud as she can, proceeds to tell everyone what a BIG poop I took. She even called it "a daddy poop". I was seriously mortified. God, the thought of all these strangers knowing I just pooped made me want to die right there!!!! But, obviously I couldn't hide in the stall forever, so I mustered up some dignity (what I had left) and came out. I didn't look at anyone. We just washed our hands and headed for the door!

Ugh, seriously,even thinking about it right now makes me want to crawl in a hole!! Worst EVER!

Anonymous said...

Ok Leisa, I was at an audition the other day and right before the lady ahead of me went in she hands me her baby. Not a word to me before hand like perhaps an introduction to the 8 month old or PERHAPS introducing herself to ME?!. She says, "OH can you watch her while I go in?" I freeze and nod. who does that? So, I am trying to occupy the baby, she is crawling around climbing on the coffee table to stand up etc all the while I am trying not to panic. Everything was going alright!!! Thank GOD...until....nameless baby looks at me, smiles, then face plants on the corner of the coffee table and starts to SHREAK!!! Right at that moment the woman comes running out and snatches her from me and leaves without a word...everyone else in the waiting room is speechless and all I can do is laugh (in shock of course)...am I a bad person....wtf?
Brutal! md

Anonymous said...

O.K., I'll add my humiliating moment to the mix. I'm in Las Vegas with the husband. Am having a good time. I'm overweight, but not huge. I get in and out of seats and stools and booths all the time with ease and with no problem. Well, husband decides to sleep in one morning. I'm bored so I decide to go down and drink some coffee at the hotel restaurant. The place is crowded. I see an empty table though. I walk up to it and in one swift motion, I plop lazily down on the booth seat. It apparantly wasn't afixed to the floor. That seat might as well have been sitting on ice instead of cement because it went flying. With me on it, it shoots back about 2 feet in a split second. It was so bizarre. Everyone just stares at me in shock. I feel my face turn beet red because I know exactly what they're thinking. That the lady is too fat so her weight tore the seat right off the floor. The hostess runs over and asks if I'm o.k. Said that booth was never bolted to the floor so "it moves."

I'm so pissed at their lack of maintenance, so embarassed that people think it moved because my weight tore it off the floor, that I sit frozen in my booth seat. I'm afraid to move lest it move again. So there I sit, several feet back from the table. I looked completely ridiculous. I wait a long time. Finally I get the nerve to get up and flee from the restaurant and back up to my hotel room.

I'm still just mortified.

D.R.

Leisa said...

All your stories are great. Thanks for sharing. And D.R., hopefully the sharing will bring you some healing. I feel for you girl. You should name the restaurant here, those bastards. Make yourself feel a bit better by calling them out.

Keep your stories coming. I'll announce a winner on Wednesday afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leisa. Appreciate your kind comments.

D.R.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm KICKIN myself for not noticing you had a contest for the Fafi Mac!!!

I had a doozy of a story too...shoot!