Thursday, January 24, 2008

He Said It


"Heath's death is tragic news. I warned him about Ambien. I took it once and somebody called me in the middle of the night and I woke up in my car 50 yards from my house. I almost drove off a cliff. I didn't know where I was. Ambien can get you. Not through excessive use, it's just some people react more strongly than others."

~ Jack Nicholson


* Six prescription drugs were found in Heath Ledger's apartment, including Ambien, anxiety medication Valium, anti-depressant Zoloft, anxiety drug Xanax, highly addictive sleeping pill Zoplicone and antihistamine Donormyl.

4 comments:

LA said...

I think it's going to turn out that Heath died because he took a mixture of these meds. Drug interactions can be really unpredictable.

Leisa said...

I don't know about you la, but I have at least one of those in my cupboard......

It's Barbie, Bitch said...

I have Stilnox (Ambien in America) in my bedside table. It worked for me, but has now been shown to be so dangerous.

(On a lighter note, I was prescribed this drug to help me sleep after I broke my shoulder falling off a treadmill. SUCH a klutz!)

Leisa said...

barbie - i've not tried ambien but have thought about it on some sleepless nights. xanax is a good time if you're looking to take that 'edge' off..... great for visits to the in-laws. heh

i would never mix prescription drugs. just like it's not wise to mix alcohol, we all know that can get messy.

so sad about heath, especially the 'accidental' part.

-------------------------------
falling off a treadmill... ouch! not to mention hilarious!