Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's True. Nicole Is Expecting.


In an exclusive television interview with ABC News' Diane Sawyer, Nicole Richie confirms for the first time she is pregnant with Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden's baby.

"Yes, I am. We are. I'm almost four months," Richie told Sawyer.

Watch the full interview on "Good Morning America" Thursday, Aug. 2 and Friday, Aug. 3, and on "20/20" Friday night.

In the interview, Richie speaks candidly about why this particular constellation of young female stars -- Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, among others -- have behaved so badly so publicly.

Richie was arrested on Dec. 12 on charges of driving under the influence, after she was allegedly spotted driving the wrong way down a highway in Burbank, Calif. The police said she admitted that she'd smoked marijuana and took the prescription painkiller Vicodin.

Richie pleaded guilty last Friday, and was sentenced to four days in jail, which she has until Sept. 28 to serve.

Richie also talks about her upcoming jail time, what happened the night she was arrested and how she believes her actions have affected those girls who look up to her.

"I have a responsibility and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would," Richie says about her recent guilty plea. "And unfortunately, I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult."

source - abcnews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just the kind of home that a kid will grow up in to become a functional member of society, I'm sure.