Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank Baby Jesus - Chelsea Handler Signs New Two Year Deal With E!


I had been totally getting the "this is my last season vibe", but NO. Chelsea Handler has signed a new two year deal with E! through 2014, continuing with Chelsea Lately.  Also included is a production deal with her Borderline Amazing Productions.


"Chelsea is an extraordinary talent whose smart, clever, no-holds-barred point of view has clearly been embraced by viewers," said E! president Suzanne Kolb.
Added Handler, "It's a great time for women in comedy, and it's a great time to have real breasts."
Chelsea Lately has helped launch the career of fellow comedienne, Whitney Cummings.
The news may come as a surprise to those who have paid close attention to Handler's remarks in recent months.  In an interview for The Hollywood Reporter's June cover story, Handler said, "I can't keep doing the same thing; my brain is bleeding. I want to do something that's more mindful and isn't celebrity-centered. I'm not looking to totally bail on E! They've done a lot for me, and I like it here. If you take away the Kardashians."

1 comment:

fotografia ślubna said...

great news :) I love Chelsea a lot :)