Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Jason Bateman Does Details


Jason Bateman, now 40, has finally hit his stride. The new father of twin girls graces the pages and the cover of the August issue of Details.


The issue hits the stands next week.

On stopping his drug use: “Booze was what would make me want to stay out all night and do some blow or smoke a joint or whatever, so shutting that off was key. It’s like ketchup and French fries – I don’t want one without the other. So that’s the moment: Do you want to continue to be great at being in your twenties, or do you want to step up and graduate into adulthood?”

On his partying ways: “It was like Risky Business for 10 years. My parents were out of town, they left me a bunch of money, the car, and the house, and I didn’t know when they were coming home. I’d worked so hard that by the time I was 20, I wanted to play hard. And I did that really well.”

Jennifer Aniston on Bateman: “Even though he was pretty wild in those days, something about those dimples and that sweet face made you go, ‘Oh, it’s okay that you just drove up the street backwards in a Range Rover with the door wide open.’ I don’t know what was happening there. You feel instantly safe in his company.”


source

No comments: