Monday, November 05, 2007

Hey Good Lookin', What Ya Got Cookin' ?


A little girl, that's what.

Giada De Laurentiis, The Food Network star turned Today show contributor announced on Monday's show that she is due in early April, with a daughter.

"When I found out I was pregnant I was in complete shock," De Laurentiis, 37, admitted. "I truly didn't believe it. I honestly thought, 'there has got to be a mistake.' "

But as she watched the sonograms – first a "lima bean" then a "lemon" – the Everyday Italian chef said that when she could make out fingers and toes, it "brought tears to my eyes."

The baby is the first for her and husband of four years, Todd Thompson.

"I just hope that I can be a good mom," she said, adding that, so far, she is craving "lots of starches."

source - People

4 comments:

Marcia said...

She is going to be the most adorable pregnant woman ever!

Anonymous said...

I saw her on Today today and I thought to myself that her boobs looked really big. Guess that's why!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I just love her. She is beautiful and classy, as is her cooking show. What a contrast to Racheal Ray.

I think she'll make a great mom too.

Anonymous said...

WHY IS SHE SHOCKED THAT SHE GOT PREGNANT?

I would like to know more about this...