Tuesday, January 30, 2007

JLo's This Close To Joining The Aliens


Jennifer Lopez knows there is a lot of speculation that her and husband, Marc Anthony are considering becoming full-fledge Scientologists. All their bff's are, Leah Remini, The Cruise's. JLo doesn't understand what all the fuss is about, her father has been a Scientologist for over 20 years and she has yet to convert.

"I'm not a scientologist, I was raised Catholic," Lopez said. "But it's funny the way people come at it. To me it's so strange. These are some of the best people I've ever met in my life. You know, they're just lovely, genuine people. They way they ask is such a, 'Uh, are you (a scientologist)?' It's such a negative thing and I just don't see it that way."

"My dad has been a Scientologist for 20 years. He's the best man that I know in my life and so, it's weird to me that people want to paint it in a negative way," she said.


Lopez attended the Scientology nuptials of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' in Italy in November. "It was a great celebration of their love… It was beautiful" Lopez said of the much-publicized event.

I'll bet she's just too cheap, ala Posh, to join the 'cult'. She'd have to fork over a ton of her earnings and that ain't happening. She's Jenny From The Block, she worked hard for her money and damn it, she's the one who's going to blow it.

source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get Scientology. I've read about it twice and I still have no clue what the hell it is.

Anonymous said...

Basically, Scientology is a cult, rooted in science fiction that believes that all human beings descended from aliens. It gets much more bizzare from there, but that's the gist of what they believe. They re-classified themselves as a religion when L. Ron Hubbard was still alive so that he could gain a tax-exempt status that all legitimate religions are entitled to. My advice, save your sanity and save your money. There are many beautiful religions out there to choose from without getting sucked into the cult of Scientology.

Anonymous said...

Leisa, since Jennifer Lopez herself has said "I myself am a Catholic" and has clearly stated she is not a Scientologist, it seems to me that you'd have to be a bit dense to interpret that as Lopez "on the brink of becoming" anything.

Anonymous1:
Scientology is an applied religious philosophy. It is not a belief system and, contrary to what the writer of this post seems to believe, it is not about aliens (nor is it about umbrellas or the price of apples in Egypt.) It is a philosophy of spiritual self-improvement.

You can find out about Scientology in your local library. I don't recommend "learning" about Scientology on the Internet unless you want asinine ignorant viewpoints like that of "Anonymous2" who obviously has no clue what it's about, and yet is "all agin it."

best,
Greg
Scientologist and proud of it
http://www.liveandgrow.org

Leisa said...

I guess you can call me dense then GREG.

Anonymous said...

Look Greggy,

I didn't learn about Scientology on the internet you ignorant ass. I know whereof I speak. If that cult has done something for you, fantastic. I hope you spend every last cent you've got trying to turn crap into caviar. I'd love to have a conversation with you 20 years from now when you're flat broke, bewildered and sitting in a looney bin somewhere like so many other x-Scientologists. As I said before, Scientology is a cult rooted in science fiction that believes human beings descended from aliens. Sadly, your post tells me you are like so many others that got sucked into that cult. Your mind has been twisted around to such a degree that you can't see what's right in front of your face.

Anonymous said...

After staring at J-Lo's shoes wondering whether we'll all be wearing these soon, I only just now noticed her antennas. Nice touch, Leisa!