Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bublé Is A Sore Loser


Michael Bublé seems a little sour. The crooner who calls Vancouver home with girlfriend, Emily Blunt, is angry that his category at The Grammy's will not be presented during the TV broadcast. Therefore, he wants nothing to do with it.

I'm sure alot of you are saying, "Who?". I still wanted to share because he really puts his foot in his mouth.


"They give away our best traditional pop award at a dinner before The Grammy's, so I just think that's bullshit. I think it's absolute crap." Buble, 31 said yesterday.

"Our category is now selling way too many records to be given away at a dinner before, so I'm just not going to show up."

Bublé, who's up against Tony Bennett as well as Sarah McLachlan, Bette Midler and Smokey Robinson, says he doesn't expect to win anyway.

"Why should I go to The Grammy's?" he said. "Because I'll lose....They might as well have already scratched Tony Bennett's name into the damn thing. I'm not going."

He also complained about the pre-show hoopla. He said he sometimes feels "like a dirtbag" when he walks an awards show red carpet and fans don't recognize him "just because I'm not in the tabloids."

"You just get pukey with it," he said. "It's like, 'Enough. No."



Earlier this month Buble attended the Golden Globes with his girlfriend Emily Blunt, who won a supporting actress trophy at the event. He said he mostly stood on the sidelines during the red carpet arrivals talking to Canadian journalists he knows.

"When she won the thing, I was outside having a cigarette," he said.

Bitter much?
Can't he just show up for the fans who buy his records? Crooners are notoriously cocky but this is just obnoxious. Tony Bennett won't be calling him for a duet again, and I doubt his name will show up on a Grammy. Buble is on Bennett's nominated album singing "Just In Time". Before this I always found him likeable when interviewed, like a normal guy. Normal but bitter I guess.

source

No comments: