Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It Was A Tragic Accident

Heath Ledger, 28, died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs that included painkillers, sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication, the New York City medical examiner said today.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine,'' medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the OxyContin painkiller, the anti-anxiety drug Valium, Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom.


Thanks for the heads up Anon..... I took this info from CTV and CNN...... after reading your comment I looked up Hydrocodone and you are correct..... it's a fancy name for Vicodin.


Anonymous said...

hydrocodone is NOT another name for ibuprofen

Anonymous said...

that is correct. it's actually the generic name for vicodin. i wonder who was prescribing all those drugs. it's just so sad.

LA said...

Weren't we discussing this last week? That it would turn out to be a combination of things? Sadly, we were right.

Have you seen the latest statement from Heath's family. It's extremely dignified (not to mention heart-wrenching). I gotta say, the Ledger family and Michelle Williams have conducted themselves with class and dignity during this entire ordeal.