Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Goods

This week I'm going to recommend something I'm becoming all too familiar with lately. WINE. I've been doing a little, ahem, research. I'm finally done being pregnant, and done being the only food provider for my son. Now my main goal is to lose this baby weight bs. Besides hitting the seawall as much as possible, and then coming home to do some weights, I've stopped eating all foods, past 6:30 pm. Needless to say, by 9:30, 10 o'clock or so, I'm starving and bitchy.

So what do I do? I go to bed. Nice life! But before that, after the kidlets are asleep, I pour myself a nice big glass of red. My new diet. THE WINE DIET. Try it friends. It works. If you drink wine, you don't want food.

Here are two of my latest finds. You can't just buy these at a Liquor Store here in BC, you'll have to hit a specialty store for them I believe. But you lucky American bastards can probably walk on in to your local Ralph's and pick up a bottle for under $15.


Liberty School 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon -

Smooth smooth smooth and absolutely delish! School me. $26 Cdn








Avalon Napa Valley 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon -

Again, smooth going with this cab, with just a hint of oak, but it is not overpowering. I'm not into really woody wines. $28 Cdn


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darlin! If you love your reds and want to get it at the local grocer..Australian is the way to go! Little Penguin and Yellow Tail are both REALLY good quality. I'm not a fan of Cali or even French reds. The Aussies know their shiz! I enjoy a glass or two every evening! The Cabs, Merlots & Shirazes are great; they even mix it up a bit! Enjoy hun!

Leisa said...

i'm familiar with yellowtail but these two wines are up a couple notches on the quality scale. yellowtail is a safe bet though!