Friday, February 15, 2008

I Just HAVE To Share.....

This isn't typically a blog where I post about me, but just this once I'll make an exception.

I took the 1 hour of spare time I had this morning to try out one of those, get it done quick, in and out, nail salons. It was last minute. I was at the bank, got back in my car, looked up and there it was. I had just received a flyer in my mailbox for this new place, a block or two from my home. You can get a mani and pedi for less than one or the other at any spa I've ever been to.

Can I just say, I'll be going back. I used to wonder why I see celebs, in paparazzi photos, in those cheap-ass salons, but now I know. They treat you right. Hot towel, the whole shebang. And a very girlie-man did my fingernails, a dream. But that's not why I'm here.......

When the girl lifted my lululemon's to do the leg massage, no word of a lie, the hair on my legs was an inch long. AN INCH! Thank god I'm a true blonde, so the hair is invisible to the naked eye from about 10 inches back, but the poor girl who had to rub them..... She said she couldn't tell. She's a great liar. Maybe it was the language barrier and she didn't get what I was saying. I WAS MORTIFIED.

That tells me right there, I need more 'me' time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giiirrllll....been there, done that!!! Mom to mom, you made my day!

It's Barbie, Bitch said...

I've been there, too, and I'm an unnatural blonde. I had my pedi on the spur of the moment about 10 days after I'd shaved my legs. Poor girl must have thought she was massaging sandpaper!

Great story, Leisa!

Leisa said...

my poor husband sleeps with a sasquatch.

and btw, i'm a natural blonde, who gets more unnatural every year i get older. i swear she must have to hilight every hair on my head in the winter.

The Ferryman said...

Wow...that made me uncomfortable LOL