Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sure Fire Way To Head For A Break-Up


Jessica Simpson announces to PEOPLE that boyfriend Tony Romo is her "perfect guy."

"I just told him today, 'You're the love of my life,' " she confesses in the latest cover story. "I don't really ever say that to anybody."

Simpson, 28 (as is Dallas Cowboys quarterback Romo), also co-wrote a song for her man, "You're My Sunday," which is featured on her new country album, Do You Know (out Sept. 9). And, in a true modern-day sign of devotion, changed her cell phone number and e-mail address to cut off any potential communication from her exes.

"I don't want anybody that's been in my life [before] in my life anymore," she says. "I don't even want them to have any way of contacting me."

Romo hasn't done the same, but Simpson brushes it off. "I'm not a jealous girlfriend," she says – even though in a recent interview his ex, Carrie Underwood, claims she still hears from him.

As for her own onetime relationship with John Mayer – which began in 2006 and fizzled out last summer – Simpson survived its rockiness by doing some self-appraisal afterwards.

"I had to regain self-esteem and self-value," she says.

When it comes to relationships, Simpson says she gives over her heart fully and expects the same in return: "I just love, so I don't understand when people can't do exactly what I do."

Jessica needs to shut up and just live. Close your mouth and keep us guessing. We are so sick of your open book.

1 comment:

LA said...

The album drops in two weeks. This is all publicity.