Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive, So Far


An autopsy Wednesday morning on actor Heath Ledger was inconclusive, and a cause-of-death determination will take 10 to 14 days, a medical examiner's spokeswoman said.

art.ledger.flowers.ap.jpg

Flowers, notes and a candle were left by mourning fans on the sidewalk outside the Soho apartment building.

"You did great work and I know your fans were looking forward to what more you had to offer," read one note.

Ledger's former girlfriend, actress Michelle Williams, who was shooting a movie in Sweden, was informed of his death late Tuesday night, a movie production company spokesman said.

Williams left early Wednesday morning with 2-year-old daughter Matilda Rose, the spokesman said. Ledger was the child's father.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," was found by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN.

Browne later told reporters some prescription medications were found in the room, including sleeping pills. He said the pills were not "scattered around," as had been reported.

No note was found and there was no indication of foul play, Browne said.

The apartment did not belong to actress Mary-Kate Olsen, as initially reported by The New York Times' Web site and TMZ.com, citing police. Olsen's publicist told CNN the place is "not her apartment, was never her apartment."

Mary-Kate has her own apartment in the same building.

source - CNN

3 comments:

It's Barbie, Bitch said...

So, so sad. He was such a good actor, and still so very young.

LA said...

I'm still trying to absorb this. I didn't expect this to happen to Heath Ledger. Britney, yes. Heath, no way.

Daniela said...

I wish there was a way to turn back the clock Heath…and stop this from happening… One of the most talented and promising actors… so many images left unseen, so many emotions left to portray. And on top of it all, you seemed to be a genuine, nice and real person…
Wish I could turn back the clock and stop this from being true… You won my heart…talent is the most splendorous thing… I wish I could still watch you when we were both in our 60’s. Wish there was a way… My heart sunk when I first heard you were gone… And it sinks everytime I think of you… I just shake my head in sadness and disbelief...
I can´t take your face out of my mind Heath, and Gustavo Santaolalla’s “The Wings” from Brokeback’s soundtrack is playing in my head and won’t stop…Probably because it’s so sad, and so beautiful, and it reminds me of you…
Rest in peace, Heath.
This is just me, saying goodbye…
You’ll forever be up there with the greats to me Heath…
Love always,
Daniela.