Monday, October 01, 2007

Blame It On JLo



What a great title for a movie! Ben Affleck tells Details Magazine that his next film, in which he is directing, will get him out of his career funk, which he says was brought on by dating Jenny from the block.

"It was probably bad for my career," he said of his dating the singer from 2002 to 2004.

"What happens in this sort of bleed-over from the tabloids across your movie work," he said. "I ended up in an unfortunate crosshair position where I was in a relationship and [the media] mostly lied and inflated a bunch of salacious stuff for the sake of selling magazines. And I paid a certain price for that. Then, in concert with some movies that didn't work ..."

But now Affleck is in a new phase of his career and personal life.


"I feel like [
Gone Baby Gone] is a linchpin for my life. My career," says the husband of actress Jennifer Garner and father of Violet, 2. "I have a lot riding on it. I want it to work. Badly. I mean, a s----- movie comes out on 2,800 screens? I've been there and it's embarrassing."

As for his future, Affleck is clearly committed to his family life – and staying out of the media spotlight.


"I'd be surprised if I am still living [in Los Angeles] in a couple years," he claims. "Professionally it would be difficult. But that's not as important as the other thing."


source - People

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only reason his career is in the toilet is because he can't act. And the only reason his best friend (Matt Damon's) career is skyrocketing is because Matt has huge talent.

For Ben to blame Jennifer Lopez for the career mess he is in shows what a chump he is.

He does seem to be a good hubby and father though.

Anonymous said...

that bossy ballsy bitch is worse than Julia Roberts! Well maybe not that bad.

LA said...

Exactly what ^anonymous said.

Shut up, Affleck.