Wednesday, July 18, 2007

F*CK The Critics


Although panned by every possible tv critic out there, the tv special Victoria Beckham: Coming To America was a hit for NBC on Monday night. So much so, the head exec wants to repeat it on Thursday night in place of an ER rerun, with Victoria herself as the host of the nights primetime lineup.

Ben Silverman's influence over NBC is being felt in even the smallest ways at NBC.

After Monday night's Victoria Beckham special saw decent ratings, winning its 8 p.m. timeslot, Peacock execs quickly decided to repeat the show this Thursday in place of an "ER" rerun. There was talk of adding in some bonus footage or deleted scenes, but Silverman was thinking bigger.

"He said, 'Let's have Victoria host the whole night,'" one Peacock insider said.

Such a project might usually require weeks of planning. But Silverman wanted it done immediately, so within a few hours, camera crews were at Beckham's house filming interstitials.

"Ben just cut through everything and it got done," the insider said.

Result can be seen Thursday night, with Posh appearing throughout the Peacock's comedy lineup.

"It's hard work being fabulous."

source - Variety

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the show as well and thought she was funny and "real". Then I read the critics' comments the day after...and I was like, "Who cares about the critics?" Glad I am not the only one who thought so and liked her...

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to see this...missed the one the other night.

I think I'm chaging my stance on Ms. Fembot too...

Vicki B. is "maja"! haha

OldWiseOne said...

How am I going to watch Mrs Becks (again!) and Big Brother's live eviction of Gonnorhea Joe? I need Tivo.

There was a bitter article in the NYDN today saying the show was a flop and only had 4.9 million viewers. Guess the petty bitch that wrote it will be eating her words now.

Paula D. said...

That's right!!! F*ck 'em!! I LOVED the show! She was hilarious! I will definitely be watching it again tonight.

Anonymous said...

I just think she's hip and fresh. Something we need around here. I'm SO over those other bitches. Mrs. Hottie is waaay more down to earth.

LA said...

What's hilarious to me is that the critics are taking the show this seriously. I mean, the whole thing was so totally tongue-in-cheek.

Speaking of which, I'd like to stick my tongue on her husband's cheek...

Anonymous said...

I'm an old lady and normally can't stand reality shows. But I saw this one and thought it was so charming. I really liked it. Think she's got a great personality. I hope we see many more episodes.