Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ugly Betty WHO?


23 year old, America Ferrera is the May 2007 covergirl for W Magazine. She's one Hot Betty.


ON TRYING TO ENJOY THE MOMENT"The hardest part of this year has been learning to enjoy it," she says. "It's almost like a full-time job reminding myself to live in the moment and not look for more, more, more"—her recent success has only made her more likely to think big: "I see now that people who make movies, this world of creative geniuses that I grew up idolizing, are just normal people who wanted to do something and made it happen. Everything that's happened to me in the last year has only made me feel more like a normal person, more human, but in the most beautiful way."

On constant scrutiny about her weight: "I mean, of course I want to be at a weight where I'm happy," says Ferrera, who in person is neither lumpy nor emaciated but a healthy-looking, average-size woman. "There are times when I go to the gym and really try, and there are times when I just don't. I gain a pound; I lose a pound. But I think I've developed a really good sense of when I'm doing something for myself as opposed to when I'm doing something because of other people's expectations of me. And honestly, even if I wanted to be anorexic, I just don't have what it takes. After four hours of being anorexic, I'd be like, 'It's been four whole hours! Feed me!' "


2 comments:

~Pees With A Fist Sitting Down said...

I lurve AMERICA. Totally lurve her.

LA said...

Team America!