Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pamela's Quitting UGGS


Pamela Anderson is taking the credit for creating the tragic popularity of UGGS. HaHA. At least she has the sense to stop the madness.

I'’m getting rid of our Uggs - I feel so guilty for that craze being started around Baywatch days - I used to wear them with my red swim suit to keep warm - never realizing that they were SKIN! I thought they were shaved kindly? People like to tell me all the time that I started that trend - yikes! Well let's start a new one - do NOT buy Uggs! Buy Stella McCartney or juicy boots - I'’m looking for alternatives myself for my boys and the men in my life! I'’m designing some right now for my family and will try and have some available on my website soon.

It'’s what I grab by my door in the mornings to bring my kids to school or walk my dog on the beach at 6am or anything early - I'’ve definitely over used them - and that'’s it!!!!


source - pamelaanderson.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thought they were shaved kindly" Ok, you thought they shaved the SKIN off of the animals, kindly? How's that possible. I think, no matter how you shave the SKIN off of something, it's gonna hurt. :)

Anonymous said...

Ehm... hello...? ALL LEATHER IS SKIN!

So if you're really upset by the whole idea of wearing skin, throw out all your leather shoes and clothes. And bags! Oops. Scary thought for some of you perhaps.

A comforting thought might be that usually animals are killed rather quickly before being skinned. An exception being the skinning of animals for the fur-industry, I've heard...