Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oscar Nominations - My Picks

The Oscars are this Sunday, February 25th, 2007, and I can't wait. Here's my picks for who I think is going to win - let me know if you agree/disagree.

Best Picture:

* Babel
* The Departed
* Letters From Iwo Jima
* Little Miss Sunshine
* The Queen

Best Actor:

* Leonardo DiCaprio, Blood Diamond
* Ryan Gosling, Half Nelson
* Peter O'Toole, Venus
* Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness
* Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland

Best Actress:

* Penelope Cruz, Volver
* Judi Dench, Notes On A Scandal
* Helen Mirren, The Queen
* Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada
* Kate Winslet, Little Children

Best Supporting Actor:

* Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine
* Jackie Earle Haley, Little Children
* Djimon Hounsou, Blood Diamond
* Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls
* Mark Wahlberg, The Departed

Best Supporting Actress:

* Adriana Barraza, Babel
* Cate Blanchett, Notes on a Scandal
* Abigail Breslin, Little Miss Sunshine
* Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
* Rinko Kikuchi, Babel

Best Director:

* Alejandro Gonz¡lez I¡rritu, Babel
* Martin Scorsese, The Departed
* Clint Eastwood, Letters from Iwo Jima
* Stephen Frears, The Queen
* Paul Greengrass, United 93


I went with Scorsese for Best Director simply because he is so overdue. Best Picture and Best Director usually go hand in hand, which is why I chose The Departed. Last night I heard that Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola will be the presenters for Best Director. Who better else to win the award and join their powerful group?

Check back Sunday night for the best and worst red carpet fashions.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Departed was SO damn good. I can't believe Leo didn't get a nod for his part. He was unbelievable. I hope it kicks some ass.

Leisa said...

I was wrong in one category. Nice to see Alan Arkin win - I like him MUCH better than Eddie Murphy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Leisa. You only got one wrong. Congrats!