Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nolte's House Burns

Nick Nolte suffered from "minor smoke inhalation," after attempting to fight a fire with a garden hose at his Malibu home Tuesday, an inspector at the L.A. County Fire Department confirms.

The actor, 67, took action after an electrical malfunction started the blaze in his home office. The fire department responded at 11:34 a.m. By 11:59 a.m., the fire had been extinguished.

"Mr. Nolte was treated on the scene by LA Country Fire paramedics for minor smoke inhalation and abrasions to his right forearm," LA Country Fire Department rep Frank Garrido told Us. "He was released, and will be under the supervision of his own physician."

Nolte's home suffered about $1.5 million in structural damage, and $1.5 million of his personal possessions were destroyed.

"The fire had spread to the living room and kitchen area," Garrido told Us. "There is smoke damage throughout the entire residence."

1 comment:

LA said...

That's very sad.