Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh No She Didn't....


COOKIE Magazine’s August issue has Amanda Peet on the cover with her daughter. Peet talks about the very controversial hot-button topic of child vaccinations. Many celebrities have come out against these vaccines (Holly Robinson Peete, Jenny McCarthy, etc.) and Peet is very much the opposite in support of them.

Amanda must feel up for a debate. Some mom is going to take her out one day at a Mommy & Me day at the park. Fight!

"I buy 99 percent organic food for Frankie, and I don't like to give her medicine or put sunscreen on her," says Peet. "But now that I've done my research, vaccines do not concern me." What does concern her is the growing number of unvaccinated children who are benefiting from the "shield" created by the inoculated—we are protected from viruses only if everyone, or most everyone, is immunized: "Frankly, I feel that parents who don't vaccinate their children are parasites."


The issue goes on stands on July 15th.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with sunscreen? I have missed that debate.

LA said...

I remember Lisa Bonet came out against vaccines back when Zoe was a little baby, so what, 18-20 years ago?

It's a hot button for sure.