Friday, March 14, 2008

John Mayer Still Searching


I know, I know. More John Mayer? Well he's been spouting his mouth off lately. Even more than usual. He can't help himself. And I can't stop myself from reading it.

"I think about my wife all the time," says Mayer. "I kind of obsess on it, and what I want to find is a person who can speak those kinds of magic words. I mean 'No complaints' is a great way to live. Also, I want a woman who doesn't hear 'How are you?' as 'I would like you to come up with something dramatic now that will allow me to sit in front of you and give you more attention than I would have if you had just said 'No complaints.' When I find the person I can relate to on that level and who is also a pinup and who also says 'Can I please take pictures of your ass?' then I am going to get married to her. That I can promise you."

"My fear," he says, "is that I go up to the girl of my dreams and say, 'I'm sorry, but I've got to say hello to you,' and she slides the stool back and gets up and walks away, saying, 'Not for me, Bub. I don't want anything to do with you.' And she says that because of something in my past. I mean, I know how to be a celebrity. I know how to be a guy on the street. I know how to roll with the punches. I know how to do the whole thing. And my past is actually pretty sterling. But when I think about my wife, I worry. I worry about what she thinks when she reads about me in US Weekly. It's all vapor, nothing, ether. But I worry about it. I worry about what she thinks."

2 comments:

LA said...

This guy is seriously turning into the biggest took in the box. Not to mention a massive fame whore.

Sit down and shut up, John!

Anonymous said...

is he trying to be funny, or he seriously that shallow?